When you use SmartAirCon products, you provide certain information to the Remotec Technology Limited identified in the End User License Agreement for the mobile apps and/or Terms of Service accompanying your product or provided during the product registration or setup process (hereinafter “SmartAirCon” or “us,” “our” or “we”).
Information Collection and Submission
Information You Provide Us
When you register or set up your SmartAirCon product, you will actively provide your name, email address, country of residence, and security question responses, as well as information about your air conditioners, fans, fan heaters, air purifiers, TV, TV box or other entertainment systems and home automation devices (brand and model numbers), the activities you choose to program and any specific settings you adjust as part of setting up your product (e.g., customizing schedules and temperature setting). You may also actively provide the following: your location information, your service provider for cable TV and/or electricity. You will know what you submit in each case, because you will be asked by the SmartAirCon app to enable the GPS or to manually enter the information. If you contact us for customer support by email or by phone, you will provide us with information when you contact us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use your SmartAirCon product, our servers automatically receive and record information regarding the use of your product, including:
- Your IP address
- Product, such as the model number of your SmartAirCon SmartAirCon IR Motedem or the version number of the SmartAirCon app
- Data related to when you access our online web-based software, the features you access and when you sync your IR Motedem.
- Data related to the discovery of devices in your environment, and your use of product features, such as “help” button or “reboot” actions.
Your SmartAirCon product may send anonymous information to an analytics tool, including feature usage, performance metrics, errors, etc. This data is collected to understand how your product is being used and to provide us with useful information for future product improvements. This anonymous information is aggregated and will not be linked to your personal information.
If you do not wish SmartAirCon to collect information set forth above, then do not use the SmartAirCon product.
Information You Provide Third Parties
We use the information you and your product provide to us in order to provide the service to you and enhance and improve it for you and other users, to provide advanced features such as customized buttons and sorting of Favorite Channels, and to provide technical support and information to you.
With your permission, we may also contact you with other relevant information, including product announcements, special offers, and events.
Your account or personal information is stored directly on SmartAirCon servers in our cloud-based servers hosted with Microsoft Azure in Hong Kong, or any other countries in which SmartAirCon or its corporate affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. By using your SmartAirCon product, you consent to this transfer of your personal information.
Some of your information is also stored directly on your SmartAirCon product, your computer and/or your tablets and/ or smart phones.
Control & Review of Your Personal Information
You have the ability to direct us to edit, correct or erase certain information pertaining to you, your product and your use of the product by contacting us at [email protected] . You may stop the delivery of marketing e-mails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email received.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the SmartAirCon services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent our customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. We disclose information you submit only as follows:
- We may have to disclose information for purposes of protecting your or our legal rights or as required by law or orders from courts and government entities.
- We may disclose to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity; or to any organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
- We agree to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of end users confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following conditions.
- Generally speaking, we will only disclose and/or transfer the User’s personal information and/or data to the Company’s personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to the User. However, we may also disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- a) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorised by us to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the delivery of SmartAirCon services, under a duty of confidentiality;
- b) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents or associates of the Company who have been duly authorized by us to use such information and/or data;
- c) where we need to protect and defend its rights and property;
- d) where we consider necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served; and
- e) where we deem necessary in order to maintain and improve the SmartAirCon services.
Protection of Information
We are committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to This Policy
By using SmartAirCon products and services, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as described above.
Effective as of June 31, 2017